Sunday, April 10, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I love going out to eat more than anyone. I love researching restaurants, studying menus, and just enjoying the food. However, nothing can compare to a home cooked meal in my apartment by Diana. Personally, I think Diana is an amazing cook. She does a great job of mixing it up while still always cooking delicious foods. In no particular order, here are the ten best things that Diana cooks:

1. Thai chicken pizza- so many complex flavors and textures (thai chicken, sprouts, peanuts, veggies)
2. Eggplant parmigiana- baked in a glass dish so the eggplant gets crispy
3. Turkey meatballs- combo of turkey meat and sausage (thanks Carabelli!)
4. Brisket- I think it involves ketchup and brown sugar
5. Healthy cookies- I don't know what goes into them, but they taste great
6. Penne with sausage- sauteed with oil and crisps up the garlic pieces
7. Brussel sprouts- with shallots, crisps up the leaves
8. Sea Bass- cooked with squash and red pepper
9. Buffalo chicken dip- best superbowl food that is out there
10. Mondel bread- I like the chocolate chip ones, but cinnamon/sugar are pretty good too

As long as we are on the subject of home cooked meals, I should tell you about a dish that I cooked recently for Diana's birthday.

As much as I love food, I am really not much of a chef (more of a sous-chef/dishwasher than
anything). However, I cooked Nobu style Miso Black Cod for Diana, and it was incredible.

In fact, we went to Nobu a few weeks later and ordered the dish and could barely taste the difference between what they served and what I cooked. I recommend it to anyone who is not
much of a cook but is still looking to make a high-end type meal. It was easy to make (once you track down the somewhat exotic ingredients). Refer to the recipe here.

No comments: