Sunday, April 24, 2011

Boston Favorite in NYC

During my time at BU, my friends and I made fairly frequent trips to Harvard Square. I quickly discovered that the best part of these visits were our stops at L.A. Burdick, a small chocolate shop off the beaten path of Harvard Square. I thought that this was a small mom and pop shop, but a few months ago I discovered that they also have an outpost in NYC only a few blocks from my apartment. The store is located on 20th street between Broadway and 5th Ave.

In my opinion, L.A. Burdick has the best drink in New York City- an Iced Chocolate. It is essentially a rich, creamy hot chocolate poured over ice. The chocolate is incredibly rich, but the ice cuts the sweetness and makes for a refreshing snack. It is a bit pricey at $5, but in my opinion well worth it as I have not had anything comparable anywhere else. I recommend you try one.

No comments: